My name Is Michel, I am a full time student majoring in education, a full time wife to my airman, and a full time mother to our two fur babies for now! I am a southern girl at heart and proud of it. I enjoy just about any outdoor activities, and love basketball. Coffee is definitely my weakness, especially here in the North West. I adore my husband and our family. We miss them much but enjoy our life in the Air Force.

My Airman, a lovable, caring, sweet, car loving, hardheaded man! : ) but he is my world. He is a boom operator in the Air Force and so far he loves his job. When he isn’t working he is probably working on his car, or on the internet finding things for his car. He is crazy, but you just can’t ask for a better husband.

Highschool sweathearts, that stuck together trough it all and ended up falling head over heels for each other. Married on November 23, 2009 and loving our wild and crazy life as two southerners living in the Northwest!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cell Phones are NOT a Reliable Source!

This is my story of why I am now buying an alarm clock!

Last night the Hubs and I passes out around 8:00 because we were so tired! I set my alarm on my cell phone for 5:30 because I had to be at work by 6:00 and it is only 5 minutes down the road. So in the middle of the night I woke up about midnight because the cats were playing a being loud, I looked at my phone to check the time because I was freaking out because I thought I was late for work. I never wake up in the middle of the night feeling fully slept. So I realized I still had 5 hours to sleep and passed back out. Well then next thing I know I hear the music playing outside that the bass plays every morning to start the day at 7:30. I didn't think anything of it so I just lied there. Next thing I heard was a train passing by in the distance, and It definitely woke me up. I looked at the window because I was going to shut it so it wouldn't be so loud, and I realized it was daylight outside. I then start to panic. Reach for my phone to find out that it is not even ON. I was livid! I then woke the hubs up to tell me the time and it was 7:45. A hour and 45 minutes late for work! I turned my phone on, jumped out of bed to start throwing cloths on, while calling in to work. I was freaking out.. I told them I would be there in five. So needless to say I was at work by 7:50 by their clock, not showered, in the same pants i wore yesterday, and with my hair in a messy bun! It was horrible. I felt so bad. They then held a meeting after the kids left this morning because there has been tons of problem with people not showing up or coming in late. This one guy has not showed up for his shift about 7 times since I have been working there, 3 weeks. So I don't feel as bad. At least I still showed up. I think that should say something about me.

But today when i get off at 5 I am going to the BX and buying me an Alarm Clock, so I will have two alarms set. LOL. This is not happening to me again. I refuse.


  1. That happened to me once when I worked at a bank. I never heard my alarm go off on my phone and A girl I worked with called me like ten minutes before our branch was opening up. I HATE being late and I was so upset. And I HATE going anywhere without showering before. So that turned into a bad day. However, that was the ONLY day I have ever been late to work at any of my jobs. So I guess that not too bad.

  2. I've so been there! It's awful. I use my phone as an alarm clock too, but I haven't had any issues with my new phone. I hate going places when I haven't showered and rushing. I just don't feel put together!