My name Is Michel, I am a full time student majoring in education, a full time wife to my airman, and a full time mother to our two fur babies for now! I am a southern girl at heart and proud of it. I enjoy just about any outdoor activities, and love basketball. Coffee is definitely my weakness, especially here in the North West. I adore my husband and our family. We miss them much but enjoy our life in the Air Force.


My Airman, a lovable, caring, sweet, car loving, hardheaded man! : ) but he is my world. He is a boom operator in the Air Force and so far he loves his job. When he isn’t working he is probably working on his car, or on the internet finding things for his car. He is crazy, but you just can’t ask for a better husband.


Highschool sweathearts, that stuck together trough it all and ended up falling head over heels for each other. Married on November 23, 2009 and loving our wild and crazy life as two southerners living in the Northwest!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

When Life throws you bad memories. . . .

To begin with, I would like to say that about that leave I was so excited for and how I was going to get to go visit Joe while he is in South America! Well my friends not anymore. My work is a total brutal bitch to me when i try to take leave and they just do not understand that we are military and things are going to come up unexpected and that our family does not live 4 hours away, but on the other side of the U.S. UGH! You would think different since it is associated with military, but wrong. so enough about this because I have really had the longest past two days about this.

My life as been pretty dull lately. It has been the same thing ever day, work, school, and sleep. I feel as my life is coming into a routine and a bad one because it does not include the husband. : ( But not much longer till he is home and I am so EXCITED that my stomach gets knots in it thinking about it. He is on the crappiest schedule right now, for us anyways. It may be better for him, because he flies during his day now, but we never get to talk now. When I am awake he is sleeping and vise versa.  But I keep telling myself not to much longer and he will be back, for 3 weeks that is.

Oh, and don't you guys hate those moments where you see something, hear something that reminds you of a moment that makes you feel disgusting inside, and causes you to linger on a bad memory you wish you could forget? A moment that makes you want to just throw up because your stomach becomes all upset? Well I had one of these today while browsing on FB and I could not help myself to not snoop while stumbling upon it. Oh the joy of being friends with someone who is friends with that memory. Good thing I live across the world now. I just wish some things could really be forgotten and erased.  ( Okay I need to stop because I am thinking to much again!) So I am just going to start deleting every connection I have to this person.



Day 19 – What is something you hope never changes about you.
I hope that I never loose my Independence.  I have been told by many people that I am a strong women and work really hard to achieve things in life no matter how hard it is to get. I hate cheating out of things and I always like to always strive to do my best. So I hope I never loose this self confidence that keeps me motivated to be this way.

Day 20 – The meaning behind your blog name.
Two Southerners Living In The Big Cities is pretty much self explainable.  We are both from the South (Georgia) and we have been forced by the military to move all the way from our small town we call home to Washington State which is so much bigger and different from what we are use to. But we love our little family and what we have become.


3 comments:

  1. Hey I'm new follower! I love your blog!
    I from the South too. I am from SC and have family in GA. Girl, don't try not to let those bad memories ruin your day. I hate when that happens too. Just block those people. I had to it before and it wasn't fun..sometimes so called friends can do some hurtful things but it just had to be done so I could try and move on. I hope you can enjoy your weekend! Go out and get some ice cream, sounds like you deserve a treat! I hope you get to talk to your husband soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i'm sorry to hear about your job being a bitch- but if its a large enough company you can totally pull The Military Family and Medical Leave Act on them- http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs28a.pdf- it allows you to take up to 5 days off of work if your spouse in on RnR or theres lots of other reason you can take off work ha but i think there are limitations on company size so I hope that link helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started following your blog...heck..I just started my blog this year. Like you and your hubby, we are from the south...I'm actually from Georgia as well. We are in North Dakota now...VERY VERY different than the south! I look forward to reading your future blogs :)

    ReplyDelete