My name Is Michel, I am a full time student majoring in education, a full time wife to my airman, and a full time mother to our two fur babies for now! I am a southern girl at heart and proud of it. I enjoy just about any outdoor activities, and love basketball. Coffee is definitely my weakness, especially here in the North West. I adore my husband and our family. We miss them much but enjoy our life in the Air Force.


My Airman, a lovable, caring, sweet, car loving, hardheaded man! : ) but he is my world. He is a boom operator in the Air Force and so far he loves his job. When he isn’t working he is probably working on his car, or on the internet finding things for his car. He is crazy, but you just can’t ask for a better husband.


Highschool sweathearts, that stuck together trough it all and ended up falling head over heels for each other. Married on November 23, 2009 and loving our wild and crazy life as two southerners living in the Northwest!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My husbands guilty pleasure. .

Alright, to fully share the whole meaning of this story I have to start from the beginning and share to the end now. I once blogged about how my husband traded in our Nissan Sentra for the car we have now, Subaru STI. I also filled you guys in on how he has traded his car 3 times within a year because he was not satisfied and has a car disease. No lie. Well I figured since the STI was a car he has always talked about he would be satisfied and not think twice about getting another and I would FINALLY be able to save money up so I could get what I wanted. Well this was until last month, I thought anyways. We were talking on skype and he was saying how he wished he didnt buy the STI and bought something cheaper that could be paid of sooner and have cheaper payments. I was shocked and told him that he was nuts and that we are not trading it in and that he is acting like we are struggling with money. We both know that we aren't struggling at all, and we both make enough money combined to do things we want and not crunch when bills roll around. He was still set in his head that he just wished he would have done different. WELL that was until yesterday! I get on face book to an updated status saying, 

" Michel is going to kill me".

I start reading to find out that he just bought things for his car without letting me know. . . After we had talked about saving money and not spending anymore on his car so I can get a SUV. Then I get a text from him, so i decided to act like I didn't know at all. His first words to me was, 

"what kind of camera did you want for your birthday?"

This little butt-hole is trying to manipulate me with the camera I want for my birthday, that I should get either way. If he spent that money or not. Keep in mind I still have no idea how much he has spent, or what he got. I then tell him what I want and he says that when he comes home, which is very soon, he is planning on getting it for me. He still hasn't told me about the car until I ask why all of sudden he wanted to know. So he proceeds to tell me that he spent money on his car, without saying how much. I then keep asking him how much he spent, over and over. It takes him a while to tell me, and I'm thinking its going to be like 1200 bucks or something crazy. Nope it was just 700 bucks. I say this like we have 700 bucks to throw away, we really don't because that is 700 buck we have saved so I can trade my car in. But I was happy to know it was just 700. I did however hammer him about doing this, and explained to him that if I went out and spent 700 bucks on clothes or whatever he would be so mad. His response to this was,

"Yeah, you are right. I did not think about it that way, I would be pissed."

First off I know I'm right, the women are always right. : ) and secondly he never thinks about things before doing them. granted I was happy it was only 700 dollars, but I was still upset that he did it so sneaky. I think I made him feel pretty bad about the fact that was money we had saved for my car because he then continued to talk about how we can go car shopping when he gets home. Um no thank you. I told him I do not want to be the couple that dreads when the bills are up to be paid and that I want us to be able to have fun. He then threw at me what I threw at him a month earlier.

"You act like we are struggling with money, we aren't we have enough between us both to afford another car payment." 

Oh how the things you say can come back and bite you in the butt. But I still don't want to get a car just yet. I know that we can afford it but I also know that we are going to want to do a lot of things this year. BUT ill take the camera for sure. : ) So this is my husband guilty pleasure= His car! I wish it was something that was not so dang expensive, but what can I do. . .  And he got lucky i must say. I thought the camera I wanted was going to be super expensive because it just cam out this month, but i looked the prices up and its only 700 at the most.but this is the camera I want, Fugifilm HS20 EXR








I don't know why I am so addicted to Fugifilms, but I love them. My aunt has one and I was in love with it.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you handled it better than I would have! My husband's dream car is an STI. He talks about it all the time! I don't really see the appeal, but I guess I should just be thankful that his dream car isn't something more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my husband was getting into the drama ;) So excited that you'll get your camera though! I hope you get it before I leave so I can see it.

    ReplyDelete