2 months ago
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
- The Cheesy TV- I mean you can not get any cheesier movies, TV shows on any other holiday. But I love them. I will be flipping through the TV guide just to see what Christmas movies are coming on later. My all time favorite is the Grinch, and I have not gotten to watch it yet this Christmas. However that will be changing soon. : )
- Christmas trees- I love love love Christmas trees. I have grown up always putting up a tree and decorating it for the holiday. It is a moment the family comes together to bond with each other. This year the hubs and I put ours up, because family can't be here this year. It was definitely an experience because he wanted to do some crazy things to our tree. : )
-Setting up decorations- Who doesn't love all the pretty lights. Which we didn't get to put any up outside this year.. Next year for sure.
-Christmas music- This is the only time out of the whole year I want to hear Christmas music. If I hear it before or after I HATE it. But at this time it is my favorite.
- Being sneaky while buying presents- I think this is my favorite. I like being sneaky behind the hubs and families back. I want them to have no idea what I am getting them. I like to hide the present from the husband and make him wonder where they are.
- Personally I like guessing what I am getting for Christmas- I call the hubs out all the time, because I know he can not lie well and he will just give in sooner or later. He even tried to give me one of my gift already because I guessed it. haha
- All the phone calls from family- Since we live so far away from family, this is a holiday where everyone calls us to talk or we either skype. It is great to catch up with family.
- The food- I like having a big meal on Christmas. We have always done it, and I plan to keep it going even if it is just the hubs and I for now.
- All the holiday spirit- It is wonderful to hear a casual Merry Christmas when shopping, and all the decor.
- And of course giving and receiving gifts- Who doesn't like getting gifts?
Speaking of gifts today we received the gifts from my mom in the mail. However we can not open till Christmas yet though.. I cant wait!
Now the silver gifts are from my mom to us. So ignore the wrapping. I did not learn from her : ) and the ones without ribbon are the ones the hubs wrapped so once again ignore them. haa. The good ones are the ones with ribbon on them.. Of course I wrapped those. : )
Have a great night.
Posted by Michel at 7:49 PM